There are clear precedents and practices which the incumbent uses as guidelines to determine how this job is performed. This position requires four to six years of relevant work experience.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or progress towards a degree is preferred. Industry recognized certification(s) relevant to responsibilities are preferred. Incumbents performing activities requiring government, regulatory or vendor certification must keep those certifications current.
Preferred Skills and Certifications:
- Experience managing Cisco routers and switches for an enterprise with multiple locations
- BPG, EIGRP, OSPF routing protocols
- HSRP, Spanning Tree, VXLAN, OTV, and VLAN switching technologies
- Network management (SNMP, Netflow, Cisco AVC, syslog) using Cisco Prime, SIEM or Solarwinds
- Network and server virtualization utilizing VMware NSX and/or Cisco ACI
- Load Balancing for local (LTM) and global (GTM) topologies using F5
- Exposure to security features such as DMVPN, IPSEC, Encryption and certificates using Checkpoint, Cisco ISE, Trustsec and other networksecurity methodologies
- Documentation skills and ITIL operations
- CCNP certification or equivalent